Sunday, March 07, 2010

Still Waiting

The house sold. I'm more than ready to go, but now we are waiting on probate court, which will take at least another 30 days. I worked my ass off getting my father's estate in order, but by the time it is finished, it will be nearly a year since his passing.

Probate is a bitch. Even with a specific will and organized documents, being an executor is very hard work and extremely time consuming. When this is all over, my life will begin again. I won't have the full time job of being sole executrix (female version of executor) and I can resume some normalcy - if normalcy means living in the Arab Republic of Egypt. Which for me, it does.

I really can't wait. I can't wait to pack up our sofa and go. My clothes are all ready. Everything else will go in storage or will be given away. It's almost time!

No comments: