Thursday, May 12, 2005

May is Mojito Month!

Awww yeah... Just got the email from Bacardi, it's Mojito Month!

Please find a good bar that will make you a fresh Mojito... there is nothing like it. For my NH/MA local friends, there is a list on the Bacardi Mojito site of nearby bars that will be celebrating Mojito Month. And check out the music on there... I had it playing all afternoon! Haha!

So some of you may be wondering what a Mojito is. It's a damn good drink, that's what it is. Typically found in Latin American countries, a Mojito is mint sprigs, lime and sugar all mushed up with this little wooden stick, a little soda water and rum.


I had never heard of a Mojito until about two years ago, when I dated Lorenzo Q., the 1/2 Cuban 1/2 Puerto Rican graphic designer from Watertown. Sounds pretty hot, right? It wasn't.

Anyway, he got a Mojito at this restaurant he took me to for my birthday. I got a chocolate mint martini (ok, maybe 3... my tolerance was higher then). L saw Mojitos on the cocktail list and grilled the server... how were they made, do they use fresh mint, it had better be good, I'm Cuban, I know... etc. When our drinks arrived, I thought, hmm there sure is a lot of greenery in that drink... it looked odd. Then he had me sip. And then I was in love. With the Mojito. Not L.

If anyone is up for a road trip for fresh Mojitos before May ends - you know who to call.

No comments: