Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Waiting it Out

Pookie has disappeared, someone from the past has reappeared, and I am having nostalgic thoughts of something great with someone else that just could not be worked out.

Oh, and the little girl next door keeps telling me I should get married.

With all of that going on, I am choosing to focus on my next run. I can't control all of the above, so I will think about setting up my next set of challenges. Tomorrow I would like to run 4 miles, and as an incentive, I have a single serving box of animal crackers in the car waiting for me after the run. If I don't complete at least 3.5 miles, no animal crackers.

I still have a question, though. How come timing and feelings and people can't just all work out? I loved someone years ago. He decided one day that it wasn't to be. Seriously sucked. Years later, everything is supposed to be okay. Except years have passed and we're both different people now. I still don't know where this one is going.

I was falling in love with someone months ago. Like, truly hit me one morning and I cried, amazed that I could love again. He didn't feel the same. We had fun, affection, intimacy and what I thought was a connection. Nope. Not me, not this time.

And then Pookie, my friend, flirt partner, confidant, potential whatever, disappears for about two weeks. No where to be found. Pooks, if you're reading this, it had better be from a hospital bed on your laptop. Either that or you DID get eaten by sharks, and if so, I apologize for not buying the popsicles sooner.

Match.com is becoming a real nightmare. I'm emailing someone I blew off about a year ago. That's all the excitement I have from that.

So I focus on the run and mapping routes, which is harder than one would think. And I consider which race I will run next, and set a goal for it.

That's about it. Until some action happens, I'm just waiting it out.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow. That was deep, Rev.

Anonymous said...

Glad I found your blog. You are pretty cool. Email me...