Tuesday, September 19, 2006

CHICAGO!


Gazing into the "bean" (Cloud Gate) at Millenium Park

My first friend in Chicago - At O'Hare, we sang Elton John's "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues".

After tipping my new Chicagoan friend, I got on the "el" (Elevated Train) and rode the blue line to the hotel, the Palmer House Hilton.


The lobby at the the Palmer House, where we stayed in a two bathroom suite. Gotta say, loving the his and hers bathrooms!

We went to the House of Blues the first night and had a good time. The band took a break and got really high, so the next set was entertaining more for their giggling and paranoia than for their music. Walking back to our hotel, we saw a Morton's of Chicago sign. I have been to the Morton's in Uptown Charlotte years ago, and it was easily the best meal I'd ever had. Nick suggested we go there the next night for dinner, and I was thrilled!

No comments: