Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Great City

Sunday, Nick headed back to McCormick Place for his convention, and I met up with Larry, my Chicago Greeter. We explored Lincoln Park, Old Town, part of the Gold Coast and the Lincoln Park Zoo.

The Chicago Cultural Center (the older building on the left), view from Michigan Avenue. This was the first public library in Chicago, built after the Chicago Fire.

The "new" public library. Gargoyles! The architectural design in Chicago is phenomenal. I will definitely take an architecture tour next time I am in town.



The Red Line

Chicago Theater! Right down the street from Marshall Fields.


Me and Abe Lincoln in where else... but Lincoln Park!


Me with the flamingos in Lincoln Park Zoo. I wanted to have a new photo of me with flamingos, since the last one I took was in Florida in a completely different experience. New memories are the best.

No comments: