Saturday, September 26, 2009

The 10:15 pm phone interview with three doctors in Nepal was an interesting experience, to say the least. They really need a pharmacist. I'm not a pharmacist. I told that to the recruiter in Bonn, Germany, but they must have had a lack of interested parties, since my name was thrown in the hat.

So now I am back to work with a humanitarian organization. It hasn't been a very pleasant or positive experience, but I like the health insurance and vacation time. I'll keep working until all my minor medical issues are addressed and until my father's estate is settled. I'm sure by then I'll be at a boiling point in this organization and more than ready to leave. Hopefully Egypt will be ready for me at that time as well.


Ahmed came to NH and we spent three weeks of wonderful one on one time. We both had the distinct impression that we are meant to be together in Egypt, not the States. It feels far more "right" and natural for us to be in Egypt.

While he was here, we hung out with friends and my mom. A few things about the US surprised him. He was impressed how everyone does their job, how green it is here and how people are fairly laid back. Americans on vacation in Egypt can be a little high strung. In our own environment where we know what to expect, we're pretty calm.

I brought him to a few classic American spots and we did some pretty average things. I wanted him to experience every day life here. When we were in Maadi, we also did average things, and it was great to experience grocery shopping in Egypt.

We saw a 3D IMAX film at Jordan's Furniture. After lunch at Fuddrucker's, we checked out all the furniture and Bose systems. Ahmed and I have almost the same exact taste in furniture. We both fell in love with a leather sofa. It was perfect for us. We could both lay down and look at each other. We spend a lot of our time talking, so it was great. As we reclined on the floor model, a woman walked by and commented that the sofa looked like "us". It's definitely us.



All my furniture was handed down and I didn't have any "adult" furniture. Ahmed and I thought this was a great first piece for me, but more importantly, a great symbol of our future together. Ahmed bought the sofa for us, and it will come to Egypt.

I think we'll find other must haves as we travel the world together. I love all the chandeliers in Egypt. I wonder what we'll find in Tanzania or Morocco, two places we're considering for our honeymoon. We have so much to explore together and I can't wait to get started.

No comments: