Saturday, April 30, 2005

Football Season Entertainment Determined



Alex Smith. The San Francisco 49ers have chosen Mr. Smith as their #1 draft pick. Dude is only 21 years old. And they say he needs to bulk up a bit, which I agree with. And if someone can get a handle on his eyebrow waxing issue, well girls, I may have determined my official entertainment for this football season.

It's about time I freshened up the football knowledge anyway. Without Rob The Football God around, I'm not able to spout stats and who's going where and so on. I have always leaned more towards the coaches' erratic (and often amusing) behavior, funny looking players and their names for my entertainment. Rhyming players' names to make silly nicknames during intense play isn't normally appreciated by real fans - just a tidbit of knowledge I picked up along the way.

Last year I participated in a football pool at work. Miami was playing that week, so I asked bald Capricorn dude in accounting if the injury report was out yet, because I needed to know if Marino would be playing. I got laughed out of finance and teased for the rest of the season.

I was surprised to see Joe Theismann commentating instead of playing for the Redskins. Yes folks, I prefer to live in the dark ages of football when things were good. Or at least that's what I tell people who wonder why I am so hopelessly out of touch with current football.

So this year, if I am subjected to many a game once again, I have at least gotten started on my own entertainment. Throw in some dreads and a little hissy fit throwing by my favorite coach, and it should be a good season.

No comments: