Sunday, June 12, 2005

Kevin McBride and the Greek

“When I hit Mike Tyson he’ll think all of Ireland has hit him.”

I guess he did. Tyson announced his retirement after the fight.



Anyone know if Kevin McBride is single? Supposedly he lives down the street in Brockton, MA. He has a very sexy Irish accent and I think we should go on at least one date.

Granted I had never heard his name before last night's Tyson fight, which I didn't get to see, as I was otherwise occupied with a native Greek man who also has a sexy accent. Ladies, should you get the chance to date a Mediterranean or western European man, do so, and enjoy yourself fully.

While I love my non-American brothers, there is something special about a European. They see women totally differently and treat you as a woman - not as a "girl they hang out with". You know you are not friends, you know there is nothing casual in the conversation, you know that you are distinctly feminine as the prey, and they are the bold masculine hunter. You know you cannot date them seriously, because it is almost apparent that you are a conquest, and there are likely many other prey to be conquered in the wings.

But the experience is one to be enjoyed thoroughly. They will enjoy you and your crazy American ways, and you will feel absolutely transported to another locale as you spend time with them. Reality changes. Things slow down. But oh how quickly they progress. There is little shyness, no insecurity... all bold and amusing, and it's absolutely imperative that you stay on your toes.

I will not date the Greek man seriously, but he will be an excellent diversion for the time being. He gave me a new nickname that absolutely cracks me up. You have to imagine the Greek accent saying this, "Beckissimo", a play on the Italian word bellissimo (he speaks several languages). I questioned why it wouldn't be Beckissima, as I am feminine, but he explained that the masculine and feminine in language is to be used for adjectives, and that I am no adjective. I'm a noun. Too funny. Especially after a few martinis.

I've also decided to not share this blog with any of my future dates, so I can be free to discuss what I want, in as much detail as I want. I think it's important to be candid for blog entries - it's usually more entertaining that way.

If anyone gets the goods on Kevin McBride, don't be shy. I'm sure he's been inundated with fans by now, but a man always has to go home and be himself. I just need to know if he does that alone. ;-)

No comments: