Sunday, July 09, 2006

Out and About

Can you spot TSM?



Last Friday we all had a great time at Jillian's, out on the deck listening to the Rusty Cadillacs. I made the acquaintance of a very fucked up man in his 50's who asked me to go to his car with him to do some "inhalants". When I told him I wasn't down, he said he had some Bacardi 151 and diet orange soda in his trunk, and the soda, coincidentally, matched my sweater. My very nice sweater, covering my very nice arm. I let Curtis buy me a drink, as he was also a "friend of the band" and my 4 oz. Captain and diet coke was quickly dwindling. Plus no one had shown up yet (pharmacy issues), so I allowed Curtis to entertain me until they did.

The band sounded awesome and it was great being outside on a warm Friday night. They've been asked to return to Jillian's, as it was clear everyone had a great time.

Luckily, my night of newcomers didn't end with Curtis. What's funny is that I even have a pic of Phil, before we met. He's on the right in the baseball cap, and I'm at the table to the right in the diet orange soda colored sweater.



See, I danced with this crackhead (didn't catch his name). He was kind of a mess and did the air guitar and kept inching towards me... but I'll dance with anyone who has the balls to ask, and especially on a night when the Rusty Cadillacs are playing. I like to show my support and have the management see people dancing and having a good time.

I ended the dance before the song was over, thanked him and went back to the table. I got up a few minutes later to visit the ladies room, and Phil walked inside with me. He complimented me on dancing with the crackhead, and I told him I'll dance with anyone with the balls to ask. Phil mentioned that the crackhead was either wasted or had huge balls to approach me at a table with 4 guys.

Now, I didn't realize that was the case, but it was. As far as I was concerned, I was sitting with my friends and co-workers, having a great time. I didn't realize how it might appear to an outsider looking in.

When I returned to the table, crackhead asked me twice more to dance with him. I smiled and waved him off, feigning sore feet. The heels were pretty high and strappy, but my feet weren't tired in the least!

After the second time crackhead asked, Phil looked over at me like he felt sorry for me. I walked over and asked if he would pretend to be my boyfriend for a little while so crackhead would leave me alone. He didn't say anything, he just grabbed the closest chair and placed it next to him. He said he could feel crackhead's stare piercing the back of his head.

Phil and I talked for a while, and we have quite a bit in common... except a bit of an age difference. Phil is 25. But Phil makes me laugh and likes to see live music, even blues, so he can come along for my ride for a while.

We went out to breakfast with Phil's friend Chris after closing down Jillian's. PAL1 came with us, and I was glad. Granted we all had separate cars, but these were strangers to me. Over breakfast, the boys explained "man law" to me. And how my sweet potato fries were a violation of man law. Whatever.

Phil has three older sisters, and I know one of them. We worked together doing physician credentialing at CIGNA HealthCare. She wasn't exactly my favorite person, and I'm curious what she'll have to tell Phil about me.

Hopefully this week will include some more time with Phil or a random dude I pick up at the supermarket - which I tried last week in the marinated meats... but he wasn't interested in being marinated in special Becky sauce - eww... I didn't mean it like THAT, sickie!

Since I know blogs are much more interesting to read when they have pictures, here is one of PAL1 and me dancing in the corner to the Rusty Cadillacs at Chen Yang Li. This was before I bought myself some jeans that hug my ass, so I've got a saggy ass jean look going on. My hair is longer in the back than I thought, though, so that's a positive, and the ass is tightly hugged now, thank you very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the photo of me is from the waist up, or MY saggy ass would have been displayed for all to see. Though your "saggy ass" is not a problem as I see it, it's the feet that got my attention!!! -TSM

Becky said...

"Yeah baby!" -TSM