Friday, January 21, 2005

The Final Day


Today is my last day at my current job. See the big smile?

I started only 6 months ago, and to be honest, I wanted to quit within the first two days.

I've never worked in the consumer packaging industry, any type of production environment, and never with anything associated with fast food. I was definitely out of my element.

As my stress grew and the frustration mounted, my co-workers rallied. Those in my building commiserated with the workload and lack of cooperation from a key member. "Ryno" from The Jinxx'd dubbed the thorn in my side "Lapdance". It was the best laugh at work I'd had all week. The visual is very disturbing.

The fun group of professionals down the coast in Richmond always made me feel that everything was under control and would be handled. Everyone should have someone like that where they work, and I had a whole group! I was very lucky to be on their team.

I hope the people who received this link to my blog will stay in touch and let me know how they're doing. You will truly be missed!

2 comments:

Player Von Player said...

Hurray for unemployment!

Becky said...

I wish! It's back to work on Monday, at my new job! I'm really looking forward to it.