Saturday, April 01, 2006

WTF?

So with one day's notice, I start a new job at a new pharmacy Monday. I'm still trying to understand it. Two pharmacists said they were shocked that I was asked (or "picked", who knows?). I'll know a little more tomorrow, but still won't know why. My guess is petty bitchiness, but I hope I'm wrong.

Plus I'm bloated, have a sinus/chest cold, can barely talk from it and need to go to sleep, but not the least bit sleepy.

You ever have the feeling like you just want to pack up and start over? I need new spring clothes that fit, but can't really afford any. My car insurance payment is about to bankrupt me, but I don't want to drive a station wagon to get a lower premium.

By the way, let me apologize to anyone who is offended by the station wagon comment. I, in no way, intend any offense, harm or malice by slightly putting down driving a station wagon. Station wagons are perfectly fine vehicles, but I prefer not to drive one. I think no less of anyone who must, or chooses to drive a station wagon, nor do I think less of anyone who is employed by an auto manufacturer who makes station wagons. You'd think this disclaimer would be unnecessary in a blog that I write about my opinions and thoughts, but I have found this not to be the case.


So anyway, my current Netflix movie is The Bridges of Madison County. Maybe Billy and I will watch that tomorrow, maybe not. It's truly a chick flick, and I don't normally enjoy chick flicks, but I remember really liking it when it first came out.

I got my rejection letter today from the Boston Athletic Association:
"Dear Rebecca,
Thank you for submitting your volunteer application for the 110th Boston Marathon. We do appreciate your interest and willingness to help at Boston, however, the number of applicants this year was much greater than our staffing needs, and we regret, therefore, that we cannot give you a volunteer assignment for this April.

We thank you very much for your understanding and look forward to having you volunteer at the Boston Marathon, or at another Boston Athletic Association's events, at a future time.

With kind regards,
Boston Athletic Association"

The application asked if I had ever run the Boston Marathon (uh, no) or belonged to a running club (nope), so I think they give preference to those people. I just wanted to hand water to runners or cover them with mylar blankets at the end. Oh well, maybe next year.

I've got the humidifier on, so hopefully that will help break up the tightness in my chest. 200mg guaifenesin won't hurt either.

No comments: