Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Antibiotics and Stuff

So I've had this "cold" since March 30th. Finally went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me 10 days of Omnicef 300mg q12h. My glands were all swollen and it became hard to swallow. I thought I was having trouble kicking a cold because of all the changes, but apparently it's a bacteria nestled in my sinuses or upper resp system. Lovely. I'm glad I went to see him, otherwise it would be a long time before I felt healthy again.


While I was at the good doctor's office, I asked for a recommendation for a GYN. In his charming Polish accent he asked, "oh? You going to have baby?" with a big grin. "NO". He went on, "oh, I thought maybe you were going to have baby", still with a glint in his eye. I told him I'm not even married let alone ready to have a baby. I said I have plenty of time. He raised his eyebrows. Suddenly I didn't feel so young.

Okay, how come no one told me there's now a NH Craigslist? Most everyone by now knows what Craig's List is, but of not, check out the link and amuse yourself. The personals are the most entertaining. Misc Romance of Craigslist Boston is where I met John Sullivan, independent filmmaker, winner of Best Short Film at one of the Ireland Foyle Film Festival. Boy, was that an experience. Luckily he went overseas for a while, my car died and I ended up becoming distracted by a car salesman at Manchester Mitsubishi. I guess that was almost three years ago now. He called a few months ago, but I am devoted to New England's sexiest fisherman, so I couldn't entertain the thought of bailing Blake out of another drunk driving incident. Sometimes things just work out for the best.

Craig's List also has a Casual Encounters section for those looking for myspace.com type anonymous hookups. Except these usually don't have pictures and are frequented by "professionals" and local cops looking to bust them.

I'm excited about a NH Craig's List. It lists weekend events and people looking for platonic friends and all kinds of stuff. I'm gonna check it out now.

No comments: