Thursday, June 08, 2006

The End is a New Beginning

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in a US airstrike!

I watched him behead Nick Berg. It was one of those unfortunate videos that made it to the internet unedited. I had to watch it, and it stayed with me for several weeks. I couldn't fathom the animalistic cruelty, the complete disregard for human life. But to them, we are not human, we are infidels. I wonder how many virgins he met upon his death? My guess is that Satan raped HIS virgin ass - what a twist.

I don't think I've ever been happy about someone dying. It's hard not to rejoice, but it also makes me think of the radical muslims dancing in the street after 9/11. We'd like to think we are so far removed from such viciousness, but here I am, celebrating al-Zarqawi's death. In radical muslims' minds, we are probably just as evil as al-Zarqawi is to us.

Closer to home, the end of a relationship truly signifies a new beginning. I feel much more my sassy self and I'm very much looking forward to developing a lasting relationship with someone special, who also deserves me.

Through the anxiety/depression weight loss diet, I'm back to a weight I'm pretty comfortable with. I had gained 5-7 pounds after my job transfer, and was having a hard time taking it off. Now I'm below where I started, and I'd like to lose another 5-10 pounds. It may put me into a size 6, which would be phenomenal.


I had a very exciting surprise yesterday! I'd been looking for Yerba Mate tea. It's grown in South America and is known for several health benefits, including appetite suppression. I thought I'd have to buy it online, but I found it in a Latino market on Union Street! I also got a bombilla, a special straw needed to drink the tea, as it's brewed loose leaf and stays in the cup. The bombilla helps filter out the leaves and stems (yes, we're still talking about tea). I think I burned the leaves on my first infusion, so I'll need to be more careful next time.

The weekend is almost here! PAL1 and I are going to see The Rusty Cadillacs LIVE in concert ;-) which is always a great time. The band is great, and the members (one in particular) are great people.

Once again I want to thank everyone who has been here for me. You guys are very special and I'm so fortunate to have you in my life. I feel pretty good (no tears in 3 days), but that's not to say I won't ever have a setback. This relationship deeply affected me (positively AND negatively, which I realize only now) and I'm sure it will take some time to fully recover. I'm very lucky to have supportive, wonderful people in my life to help me and give me reality checks when I need them (like Monique's TOOL comment - HA!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to Saturday night Reba. I'm sure we will have a great time.
PAL1

Anonymous said...

So glad things are going better for ya! Like I said call me anytime, I will always be there for ya. So looking forward to a girls night and some frozen drinks! Let me know when is good for you.
~hugs~