Friday, June 23, 2006

The Men, the men, the men!

Roses are red, and violets are blue,
Thursday's coming, and I'm thinking of you.
Maybe we'll share a sammie made of pulled pig,
or perhaps some chicken as we check out KC's gig.
I know it will be fun 'cause bbq just can't be wrong,
and like our boy Lyle, I just might sing you a song.
Ah, maybe not, my sing'n isn't really all that great.
Either way I hope you're look'n forward to our date.

('cause i am)

I received that poem before my date with John last night. He threatened to dress like Lyle Lovett, so that's the Lyle reference.

It's sad to have to say this, but I so much enjoyed just sitting and talking to someone who also wanted to hear what I had to say. He asked me lots of questions and asked for my opinion on a work situation he was negotiating. He's the vice president of engineering and co-founder of his company, so I'm not sure how much I had to add, but it felt good to be asked.

We found an old antique car show close to the KC's Rib Shack. I had to take a peek before it got too dark. There were some interesting cars, but one really blew me away. It was a 1947 Chevy 2 door convertible. I looked inside and was a little surprised to see a small bench seat. Now, I know there were no bucket seats back then, but I was suprised at the length. People were smaller (thinner) then, but I also thought how romantic it might be to basically be forced to sit so close.

From there we dined on pulled pork, dry rub chicken, cornbread, applesauce, onion rings and cole slaw. It was quite a feast. I invited him to sit on the same side of the table with me, as I sometimes like to do, and we talked for a long time. We actually shut the place down.

We moved over to Unwined and had a glass of wine each. We talked about all sorts of things. He gave me three sunflowers and a little kiss at my car. It was a nice time.

Now, although it was nice and I will definitely see him again, I have another date this weekend that I am still very much looking forward to. David and I seemed to connect a little deeper right off the bat - not to say John and I won't, but it was easier and faster with David. The way he came about his current career is inspiring. He's a real estate developer who's doing good work and at the same time making a profit. He seems to have a balance of knowing the good life, and appreciating it, as well as enjoying getting dirty (like in the dirt sense, not the frisky sense - yet).

I never used to have a problem dating a few men at once, but it's a bit of a challenge for me right now, mostly due to time constraints, I think. I may add a third into the mix (a very persistent Scorpio with a Harley from Kittery, Maine), but not until after this weekend.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend. I'll be working! And dating!

No comments: