Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A New Chapter

I've been having some of the best runs in the past two weeks than I've ever had in the year since I started. I mean, really enjoyable, nice runs. I think it's mainly because I don't have anything weighing heavily on my mind. A run is a great time to think clearly, work out problems... so no wonder my runs over the last few months haven't been enjoyable. Too much had been on my mind. I had, what seemed to me, to be unsolvable dilemmas. I couldn't come to any conclusions. That can be very unsatisfying.

I decided not to purge any old thoughts or feelings about the *Stars* in my old little black book. I have some great memories over the years and have known some fascinating men. They each offered me a unique opportunity to learn different things about myself and what I want. Some were hard lessons, others were enjoyable (ahem). I'll look back on some with fondness, others with disgust. Each were in my life for a reason, and I have to stress the word were. There are lots of people I have yet to meet, each with something to offer. I'm optimistic about my future. I'm looking forward to what the summer brings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad things are starting to turn around for you! I am so proud of you for starting over fresh. It's not easy, and I know that too well...I will more once I move lol.
~Hugs~

Becky said...

Thanks Kristi!

Big life changes coming up for you! Can't wait for June 30th :)

Becky said...

Haha Andy! I'll bet it would be worth a lot - there's quite a few characters in it. I'll tell you, it's tempting to flip back through those pages and remember how wonderful some of them were... but I'll keep in mind the advice I give you about recycling!

I'm a different person than even a year ago, and the men who have reappeared seemed totally different to me. Well, actually, they were the same, but I SAW them completely differently. It's good that I've been growing and moving forward since some of them, but it's also sad to see people stuck in the same station in life. Oh well. Not my issue. ;-D